What is Portfolio Analysis?
Portfolio analysis is an examination of the optimal portfolio that can strike a balance between maximizing the return and minimizing the risk in various uncertain environments. The term applies to the process that allows a manager to recognize better ways to allocate resources with the goal of increasing profits. . This means to analyse each product separately in terms of profitability, contribution to the company’s income and growth potential. This analysis facilitates the identification of products that are not profitable at all or play poorly within the group.
The portfolio analysis is performed to identify the relevant strength of all patents within the portfolio and if need be to understand how and which of the patents in the given portfolio are potentially infringed by the existing products in the market
• Analysis helps in locating gaps in your patent claim coverage and thereby, assists in drafting a patent claim minefield around your business technology space.
• In developing valuable insight for assessment of R&D scenario and to strategize your R&D investment with your patenting activity.
• To get an in-depth qualitative analysis of your company and that of your competitors.
• For abandonment of weak patents that do not have any market value and also are not important for business objectives. Thus, improving annual budgeting.
• It helps in making strategic decisions typically related to mergers / acquisitions / partnership.
• It also helps in fully exploiting your company’s patent assets by identifying new licensing opportunities and mitigating litigation risk.
• Management of patent portfolio, which has grown in a haphazard fashion through mergers and acquisitions.
The products are categorized by pre-defined criteria such as sales value, market share, gross profitability, contribution margin and life cycle. The results could clearly point to products that should not be in market or simply receive fewer resources. It might also indicate that the company must increase its investments and efforts to some good products that have a higher potential. The analysis is made to improve the global portfolio’s performance since the ultimate objective is maximizing profit for company or organisation.
• LogicApt provide high-quality and customized intellectual property research, Portfolio Management and IP Intelligence.
• We also find infringers and map them to company’s patent if exist.
• We also conduct defensive patent portfolio analysis (Studying competitor patent portfolio onto your product line) and help you in identifying potential candidates for licensing.
• We can also provide Patent to Technical Standard Mapping reports, for the patent portfolio.
• Implementation of Graphical Representation in reports, using a combination of graphs, pie-charts, bubble charts and 2-D and 3-D charts, for clearer picture.
• User friendly reports with integrated search function, to categorize and organize the whole portfolio as per revenue generation potential or with significant future market value to you.
• Usage of rich database to maximise results in our search.